POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay<-->Moray help request Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay<-->Moray help request (Message 11 to 20 of 21)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: POVRay<-->Moray help request
Date: 13 Feb 2010 12:42:46
Message: <4b76e496$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:

> Any path with at least a space in it MUST be enclosed on quotes.
> Otherwise, the spaces are treated as separators.

So that's how it works, Thanks Alain

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 13 Feb 2010 23:14:28
Message: <4b7778a4$1@news.povray.org>

> Alain wrote:
>
>> Any path with at least a space in it MUST be enclosed on quotes.
>> Otherwise, the spaces are treated as separators.
>>

> So that's how it works, Thanks Alain

That's the way it works for any ini files,not just POV-Ray's ones.
It's also the rule for shortcuts and registry entries to files and
applications.

It goes back to the good old days of DOS and the 8.3 naming convention
when spaces where not allowed at all in any file name.

Alain

Post a reply to this message