POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay<-->Moray help request : Re: POVRay<-->Moray help request Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay<-->Moray help request
From: Stephen
Date: 14 Feb 2010 03:19:56
Message: <4b77b22c@news.povray.org>
Robert Baer wrote:
>   Nope!
>   Still get run parse error cannot find file <path>\.POV so somewhere it would
> seem that one needs to eXplicitly give POV filename.
>   Sorry for the hassle.

Hi Robert, It is not a hassle.
I suggest that you uninstall Pov 3.5 and Moray completely, saving any
files you want then reinstall them. I had problems installing Pov 3.5 on
Win 7 so I right clicked povwin35.exe and went to properties. In the

I did the same for Moray and allowed Moray to configure PovRay. When
Moray starts allow it to set the default settings for PovRay. (You
should have an entry in PVENGINE.INI like this:)
[GUIExtensions]
UseExtensions=1
ExtDLL15=C:\Graphics\Moray For Windows\MorayCtrl.dll
ExtDLL16=C:\Graphics\Moray For Windows\Plugins\AnimGuiExt.dll

[Hint] In Moray configuration Alt + 0.
Compatibility Tab, select always render to backdrop
Interface Tab, select Raytrace to OpenGL backdrop

This will show you the PovRay output file in the camera viewport when it
is being rendered.

In the Moray folder there should be a folder called POVScn. Here you
will find the files that Moray exports to PovRay. Look for

you will see that near the bottom of the list is the line
Input_File_Name = YourScene.pov. This is the command to PovRay to render
the scene.
While you have YourScene.ini open in PovRay you should be able to render
your scene by clicking RUN

I hope this helps.

--

Best Regards,