POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : help with illustration of brain injury Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:31:10 EDT (-0400)
  help with illustration of brain injury (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: help with illustration of brain injury
Date: 12 May 2009 02:55:00
Message: <web.4a091c0b77a79046f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> I have an idea (for someone here who is good at working with df3 files, which
> I'm not): Somewhere on-line is the very detailed 'digitized human cadaver'
> model, made from CAT-scans (or similar MRI scans) of a thinly-sliced, frozen
> human.

I found it; here's the site...

http://www.crd.ge.com/esl/cgsp/projects/vm/

It's called the "Visible Human" project. (I need to re-familiarize myself with
the details, to see if any of my suggestions are worthwhile.)

KW

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 12 May 2009 07:32:23
Message: <4a095e47$1@news.povray.org>
"AcademicMedicine" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
>  Is anybody interested in contributing?

I was investigating this:
http://fly.mpi-cbg.de/~saalfeld/df3.html

for other purposes (clouds) but got diverted onto something else and never
made much progress, so all I can offer is that above link .... perhaps
someone else can have a look

Jim

Post a reply to this message