POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : help with illustration of brain injury : Re: help with illustration of brain injury Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help with illustration of brain injury
From: Jim Charter
Date: 17 May 2009 20:06:18
Message: <4a10a67a$1@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
  In fact, I
> would consider it a good idea to publish that 3D model as object inside the
> POV-Ray object library.

The deliverables required for the project are illustrations not models,
and not necessarily even renders. However, the approach that I have
promoted to Tobias, and believe to be the most flexible and efficient,
is, in fact, to make a simple mesh model of the needed brain anatomy and
then to render the necessary illustrations in POV from the model. This
approach would most easily create advantageous cutaways, camera views
and so on, facilitate sequences of related images, and support updates
and tweaking of related images. The final result will almost certainly
involve image editing too.  But if all goes well, I believe the mesh
model we use could find a home in the object library, yes.

-Jim