POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can I set KFF from inside my scene? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:31:22 EDT (-0400)
  Can I set KFF from inside my scene? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mathuin
Subject: Can I set KFF from inside my scene?
Date: 9 Oct 2008 14:25:00
Message: <web.48ee4bda854a994d401d7400@news.povray.org>
While designing my animation, I came across two snags, both of which could be
easily fixed if I could set KFF from within my scene file.

The animation is pretty simple:  it travels from point to point through the
scene, looking at attractions from different perspectives.  The first snag is
that I would like the number of frames to scale with the number of objects --
half as many attractions means twice as many frames per attraction which means
the animation runs twice as "slow".  The second snag is that the set of frames
allocated to each attraction counts both moving to the attraction and looking
at it but the last "attraction" is an overhead view so I only need half as many
frames to get the desired effect.  Being able to set KFF to something like
(dimension_size(Attractions,1)-0.5)*FramesPerAttraction would allow me to focus
on creating attractions and not on tweaking command-line settings.

I recognize that this sort of feature could lead to total chaos, so if there's
another way to solve this from inside the scene, I'm all ears.  Thanks!

Post a reply to this message