POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can I set KFF from inside my scene? : Re: Can I set KFF from inside my scene? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I set KFF from inside my scene?
From: Mathuin
Date: 9 Oct 2008 16:25:01
Message: <web.48ee680e8cabb3cd8a103ef0@news.povray.org>
Dan Connelly <djc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I don't think you can set KFF from a scene file, but you can set the number of
attractions along with KFF from the in
i file, right?

> Form the documentation:
> Declare=IDENTIFIER=FLOAT    Declares an identifier with a float value

[... docs elided ...]

> Then have the POV file generate a number of attractions dependent on that parameter.
>
> To keep the number of attractions and kff aligned, I'd consider setting generating
the INI with Perl (or just calling
 POV with command line options)

I already have an easy way to calculate the number of attractions as they are
stored in the Attractions array.  I was just hoping to keep the changes
required down to a bare minimum -- ideally, just adding a single attraction to
the array would cause the animation to scale up accordingly.

So is this impossible?  I'm current developing on Windows so I'm trying to
minimize the outside-POV scripting.  I can't even automate the script because
Pre_Scene_Command is run after INI files are read.  Bleah.