POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : C++ Source code Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  C++ Source code (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: here I am
Subject: C++ Source code
Date: 24 Feb 2008 17:55:00
Message: <web.47c1f513228982c626a73cf90@news.povray.org>
Hello Everybody!
Right now I am working with pov-ray windows executable but I want to work with
pov-ray C++ source code in visual studio.

I've some question regarding that:
1) Write now I've a scene file of a house in .pov format(earlier it was in .obj
     format but I converted that .obj to .pov), then my question is how I am
     going to my scene file in VS as .pov or it could be in .obj.
2) I am able to load that .obj file in VS using OpenGL and now I want to ray
tracing with ray tracer what exactly I've to do in this case??

I will try again and make it clear to you, if you wont understand my question.
:)

I would appreciate if you could solve my problem.

Thanks
Regards
Ran

Post a reply to this message

> 1) Write now I've a scene file of a house in .pov format(earlier it was in .obj
>      format but I converted that .obj to .pov), then my question is how I am
>      going to my scene file in VS as .pov or it could be in .obj.

  What exactly is it that you expect the source code of POV-Ray to do?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> > 1) Write now I've a scene file of a house in .pov format(earlier it was in .obj
> >      format but I converted that .obj to .pov), then my question is how I am
> >      going to my scene file in VS as .pov or it could be in .obj.
>
>   What exactly is it that you expect the source code of POV-Ray to do?

he doesn't desist.  I understand he's trying to edit pov code in VS.

Post a reply to this message

> Right now I am working with pov-ray windows executable but I want to work with
> pov-ray C++ source code in visual studio.

Do not before you have learned what "C++ source code" actually is. From your
posts i is quite clear that you do not know. It is something you will need
_years_ to learn!

> I've some question regarding that:
> 1) Write now I've a scene file of a house in .pov format(earlier it was in .obj
>      format but I converted that .obj to .pov), then my question is how I am
>      going to my scene file in VS as .pov or it could be in .obj.

You cannot.

> 2) I am able to load that .obj file in VS using OpenGL and now I want to ray
> tracing with ray tracer what exactly I've to do in this case??

You cannot "load that .obj file in VS using OpenGL" because
1. OpenGL cannot load any files, it is a 3D rendering API.
2. Visual Studio is an IDE for various programming languages and related
files, and an ".obj" file you are talking about is not one of those files.

> I will try again and make it clear to you, if you wont understand my question.

The problem is not understanding your question, the problem is simply that
you do not understand what you are asking.

> I would appreciate if you could solve my problem.

You need to solve your problems yourself. Get a _local_ friend to help you!!!

Please, please, please read <http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

	Thorsten, POV-Team

Post a reply to this message

>> I will try again and make it clear to you, if you wont understand my
>> question.
>
> The problem is not understanding your question, the problem is simply
> that you do not understand what you are asking.
It might be more polite to ignore the point altogether. Am I right?
--
You know you've been raytracing too long when...
you ever saw a beautiful scenerey and regretted not to take your 6"

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Feb 2008 04:15:42
Message: <47c2873e$1@news.povray.org>
Jan Dvorak wrote:
>>> I will try again and make it clear to you, if you wont understand my
>>> question.
>>
>> The problem is not understanding your question, the problem is simply
>> that you do not understand what you are asking.
 >
> It might be more polite to ignore the point altogether. Am I right?

Well, he has asked the question four times now in different groups here, and
each time ignored all the feedback telling him this...

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

From: gregjohn
Date: 25 Feb 2008 08:05:00
Message: <web.47c2bc121a7c3f8934d207310@news.povray.org>
My guess from your note is that you don't need a C++ editor to render the file.
Apologies if this is what you already know, but povray would be the renderer of
the .pov file.

Post a reply to this message

From: Fa3ien
Date: 25 Feb 2008 15:10:11
Message: <47c320a3$1@news.povray.org>

> Hello Everybody!
> Right now I am working with pov-ray windows executable but I want to work with
> pov-ray C++ source code in visual studio.

Obviously, you still need to get a good understanding of what POV-Ray
is.  It's mostly impossible to help you in this situation.  Please read
the first chapters of POV-Ray's documentation, that's the best help
you can get right now.

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

From: here I am
Date: 26 Feb 2008 08:35:02
Message: <web.47c413dd1a7c3f8926a73cf90@news.povray.org>
Fa3ien <fab### [at] yourshoesskynetbe> wrote:

> > Hello Everybody!
> > Right now I am working with pov-ray windows executable but I want to work with
> > pov-ray C++ source code in visual studio.
>
> Obviously, you still need to get a good understanding of what POV-Ray
> is.  It's mostly impossible to help you in this situation.  Please read
> the first chapters of POV-Ray's documentation, that's the best help
> you can get right now.
>
> Fabien.

Well! first of all I am sorry for not responding soon.(I was sick for couple of
days)

I appreciate the gesture for letting me know what OpenGL can do or not :)
I would like to mention you guys that I got that thing(to load .obj file)  done
few months back from now (@ Thorsten.I believe you should know that only header
file I've used for that is glut.h, gl.h and some basic C language header
file).So, I believe,it wouldn't be a good idea to say"I need to learn what
exactly  VS and OpenGL does".

It is well written in my post..." I will try again and make it clear to you, if
you wont understand my question."  but it's obvious from your reply that You
don't want to hear my question.

I don't expect any thing else from you guys.BTW Thanks for the reply.
(I'll take care of myself).

P.S : I don't need this "<http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>"
        I would rather suggest you "to let others to ask question".

cheers!

Post a reply to this message

From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 26 Feb 2008 08:50:06
Message: <47c4190e$1@news.povray.org>

> I don't expect any thing else from you guys.BTW Thanks for the reply.
> (I'll take care of myself).

   You should think about two things:

   1) your questions seem to not make any sense for anyone except for you
   2) it's more polite to say "if I didn't explain well my question".

   Regards, and good luck with whatever you were trying to do...

--
Jaime