POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wanted: dealing with font style 'bold' and 'italics' Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Wanted: dealing with font style 'bold' and 'italics' (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Leef me
Subject: Wanted: dealing with font style 'bold' and 'italics'
Date: 6 Dec 2007 14:35:00
Message: <web.47584d4d1e565df12a7b15450@news.povray.org>
Can someone suggest how to deal with font 'bold' and 'italics' ?

I have started working with fonts and haven't found an answer from the docs or
searching the newsgroups.

As always, thanks in advance.
Leef_me

I am using POV-Ray for the Microsoft Windows.
Other windows apps have the capability of scale, bold, italics, underline,
shadow.

I happen to be using the font as a pigment on a 'theater screen',
and 3d aspect of the pigment isn't an issue.

My fall-back position is to create an image using the desired font/bold and then
us that as the pigment. But I'd rather do it in POVRAY alone.

Here's my tweaked version from:
   http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/languageQandT.html#cylindricalrepeat

//start

//===========================================================================
camera { location -z*6 look_at 0 angle 35 }
light_source { <10, 20, -50>, 1 }

// create a box that extends between the 2 specified points
box {
  <-1, -1, 0>  // one corner position <X1 Y1 Z1>
  < 1,  1,  .1>  // other corner position <X2 Y2 Z2>

  pigment
  { object
    { text { ttf "crystal", "Hello", 1.1, 0 }
      // Note: Thickness must be larger than cylinder radius
      rgb 1, rgb x
    }

    translate -z/2      // prevent "artifact known as coincident surfaces"