POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : wxWidgets GUI for POV 4? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  wxWidgets GUI for POV 4? (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: William Tracy
Subject: wxWidgets GUI for POV 4?
Date: 4 Oct 2007 19:58:58
Message: <47057e42$1@news.povray.org>

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: wxWidgets GUI for POV 4?
Date: 4 Oct 2007 23:31:34
Message: <4705b016$1@news.povray.org>

> So far, all the discussion about POV 4 has centered about SDL, so I
> thought I'd bring up something different. We need variety. :-)
>
> How is the Povray GUI code doing, both from a copyright/license
> viewpoint, and from a code cleanliness standpoint? If it could stand a
> significant re-write, would there be any interest in a new GUI written
> on wxWidgets?

 From pvengine.cpp:

NOTICE:
Much of this source code (all of pvengine.exe) should be considered on its last
legs. The base code was originally written back in early 1995 (with some of the
code even predating that), and targeted at Win32s under Windows 3.1. An
additional constraint was a desire for the code to be able to be compiled on a
DEC Alpha under NT for the Alpha using only a 'C' compiler, and for it to be
able to run with or without the editor.

So I guess a rewrite of the GUI is indeed a good idea :)

Post a reply to this message