POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : wxWidgets GUI for POV 4? : Re: wxWidgets GUI for POV 4? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wxWidgets GUI for POV 4?
From: nemesis
Date: 5 Oct 2007 22:45:00
Message: <web.4706f6283c114ede42c60d740@news.povray.org>
William Tracy <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote:
> I also don't
>  see a problem with keeping the CLI interface around in addition to a GUI.

It's the contrary:  I don't a reason to keeping a GUI around in a addition
to the povray renderer, which *is* a classical command-line
batch-processing program.

> I might also add that Eclipse does not use Swing, it uses SWT

I know, which is why I mentioned Eclipse:  you don't really use SWT other
than in Eclipse-based apps.

> (which is
> a bit more lightweight than Swing). In addition, Java programs written
> against SWT can fairly easily be compiled to native code via GCJ (this
> is what Fedora does for their Eclipse binaries), eliminating the
> overhead of the JRE altogether. :-)

except for the memory overhead and invariably requiring Eclipse to edit
source code.