POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : wxWidgets GUI for POV 4? : Re: wxWidgets GUI for POV 4? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wxWidgets GUI for POV 4?
From: Wolf
Date: 5 Oct 2007 04:25:01
Message: <web.4705f48a3c114edeedd244720@news.povray.org>
I personally think that a new official POV editor is overdue.

For this reason I wrote PovClipse, which is a free Eclipse plugin for
editing SDL code, kicking of the renderer and view the rendered images
(just to mention a few things).

If there is interest by the POV-team I would hand over the project to
POV-ray.
But this is true *only* if it's going to be the *official* SDL editor. I put
lot's on work in it and I do not want to see it wasted.

Having said this, let me point out some PovClipse highlights:
* true platform independence through being a Eclipse plugin (Windows, Linux,
Mac, AIX, you name it. Wherever Eclipse is available PovClipse is it as
well)
* advanced, state-of the art editor featuring things like:
  + syntax highlighting
  + auto-completion
  + code templates
  + error indications (wiggle marks)
  + code folding
  + auto typing
  + code outline view
* specialized graphical editors for colors and color maps (the color-map one
is my favorite, check it out ;-))
* render launcher for kicking of POV-ray having GUI support for all POV-ray
INI file options
* project management by importing and exporting from/into archives
(zip/tar/tgz)
* supports POV-ray and MegaPOV
* built-in online help for:
  + PovClipse
  + POV-ray
  + MegaPOV
* context-sensitive jump into the POV-ray and MegaPOV help (the Eclipse
Shift+F2 thing)
* nearly all options are configurable using preference pages
* Multilanguage support:
  + english
  + german
  + french