POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to simulate a phenomenon Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  How to simulate a phenomenon (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: SharkD
Subject: How to simulate a phenomenon
Date: 15 Jun 2007 17:25:01
Message: <web.467303601ab5dd54c7f24d20@news.povray.org>
My question is: how do you simulate the visual distortions caused by high
heat? I.e., how do you make the air wavy around jet exhausts or candle
flames?

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

From: Trevor G Quayle
Subject: Re: How to simulate a phenomenon
Date: 15 Jun 2007 21:00:02
Message: <web.46733569e9b9c8225e73ab330@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> My question is: how do you simulate the visual distortions caused by high
> heat? I.e., how do you make the air wavy around jet exhausts or candle
> flames?
>
> Thanks!

Try a primitive like a box or cylinder.  Give it a completely transparent
texture and no reflective properties, then play with normals and the ior
value (you probably should only use a small ior value I would think)

-tgq

Post a reply to this message