POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New machine. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:34:58 EDT (-0400)
  New machine. (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Bruno Cabasson
Subject: New machine.
Date: 13 Mar 2007 07:55:01
Message: <web.45f69e199456fb74f5fba6ef0@news.povray.org>
Hello all!

I had the luck to have an extra income, and I am wondering about acquiring a
new machine, probably a laptop. Looking about current offers, I got lost.
Which OS, which processor? Vista frightens me a little but the machine will
also have a family usage and versions of POV are first released on Windows.
However I feel attracted by MAC OS, and Linux corresponds better to my
personnal ideas.

I do not want to restart a polemics about OSes and processors. But I'd like
to have non commercial info about the marketplace today and about
performance of POV on the last generation of processors. Did somebody try
(eg benchmark.pov?) a Core2Duo T7xxx or T5xxx? What about AMD today?

    Bruno

Post a reply to this message