POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Save several images from the same Scene? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Save several images from the same Scene? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: pierre
Subject: Save several images from the same Scene?
Date: 20 Sep 2006 04:50:00
Message: <web.4510fff07cc8e9a3ad334ed60@news.povray.org>
Hi everybody,

I have created an object, and I want to study the effect of the position of
the illumination.
Can I created a loop, allowing to save several images from the same scene
with different angular illumination position?
For example (I feel I am not clear):
I want to simulate the effect of the sun light at different time of the day
on my object. Instead to change manually the illmuniation position, then to
save the image and so on, I would like a loop enable to create and save as
much images I want.
Thanks by advance
Pierre

Post a reply to this message

>I have created an object, and I want to study the effect of the position of
>the illumination.
>Can I created a loop, allowing to save several images from the same scene
>with different angular illumination position?
>For example (I feel I am not clear):
>I want to simulate the effect of the sun light at different time of the day
>on my object. Instead to change manually the illmuniation position, then to
>save the image and so on, I would like a loop enable to create and save as
>much images I want.

Read the documentation section on animation.

Use the clock or frame-number variable to control the illumination
position - either by using things like  #if (frame_number = 1)
or by directly using one of the variables in your lighting position like
this

light_source {
 vrotate(<-100,0,0>,<0,clock*360,30>)
 color rgb 1
}

Run the animation to produce the frames but then don't load those frames
into an animation package to produce a movie.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

"pierre" <pie### [at] efpginpgfr> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have created an object, and I want to study the effect of the position of
> the illumination.
> Can I created a loop, allowing to save several images from the same scene
> with different angular illumination position?
> For example (I feel I am not clear):
> I want to simulate the effect of the sun light at different time of the day
> on my object. Instead to change manually the illmuniation position, then to
> save the image and so on, I would like a loop enable to create and save as
> much images I want.
> Thanks by advance
> Pierre

You can use the animation features of Pov-Ray; help section 2.3.8 Making
Animations
Use the clock and or frame_number variables to create a series of images
that can be made into an animation using a third party programme.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message