POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Input file size restrictions?? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Input file size restrictions?? (Message 11 to 20 of 24)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: space cadet
Subject: Re: Input file size restrictions??
Date: 4 May 2006 11:35:00
Message: <web.445a1e58bace7ee8339b0050@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:
>>  You are confusing two completely different things: the scene file size
> has in general nothing to do with how much memory POV-Ray will need to allocate
> for it.  For instance you can have a small scene file that generates billions
> of objects by using loop constructs.

Right, I know they are different issues, but since my file was generated by
ensight, theres no loop constructs, its all straight mesh data. Granted its
indexed face sets (mesh2 objects), so I'm not sure how that will get
represented internally, but since the file is ascii and its internal
representation will be binary, I assumed the memory image would be smaller
than the file size.  But perhaps I'm wrong.

thanks.

Post a reply to this message