POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: How to Improve texture Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to Improve texture (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Roman Reiner
Subject: Re: How to Improve texture
Date: 1 Feb 2006 09:50:01
Message: <web.43e0c9dc69d30601f618c0@news.povray.org>
"RCRuiz" <ram### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I try to emulate lava, but the mapping on the texture is not good wend the
> fluid move, is like it have some global mapping , how can i fix this? and
> How can I improve this texture?

What objects are you using to visualise the lava? blobs? try this:
1) apply one texture to every sphere instead of one texture for the whole
blob
2) apply the texture to the spheres and translate them afterwards. that way
the texture moves with the spheres

Hope that helps
Regards Roman

Post a reply to this message

"Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> "RCRuiz" <ram### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > I try to emulate lava, but the mapping on the texture is not good wend the
> > fluid move, is like it have some global mapping , how can i fix this? and
> > How can I improve this texture?
>
> What objects are you using to visualise the lava? blobs? try this:
> 1) apply one texture to every sphere instead of one texture for the whole
> blob
> 2) apply the texture to the spheres and translate them afterwards. that way
> the texture moves with the spheres
>
> Hope that helps
> Regards Roman

Nope, I'n not using blobs , I make the Fluid Simulation in blender and
exported to Pov, so the object is a mesh, but every frame is a diferent
mesh, I will try with blobs if I do not have any other choice

Thanks for the reply

Post a reply to this message

"RCRuiz" <ram### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> > "RCRuiz" <ram### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > > I try to emulate lava, but the mapping on the texture is not good wend the
> > > fluid move, is like it have some global mapping , how can i fix this? and
> > > How can I improve this texture?
> >
> > What objects are you using to visualise the lava? blobs? try this:
> > 1) apply one texture to every sphere instead of one texture for the whole
> > blob
> > 2) apply the texture to the spheres and translate them afterwards. that way
> > the texture moves with the spheres
> >
> > Hope that helps
> > Regards Roman
>
> Nope, I'n not using blobs , I make the Fluid Simulation in blender and
> exported to Pov, so the object is a mesh, but every frame is a diferent
> mesh, I will try with blobs if I do not have any other choice
>
> Thanks for the reply

For a mesh uv_mapping would be the right solution but i don't know anything
about the uv_mapping abilities of blender. i doubt this would work in this
case anyway as this is not one mesh (with its vertices moving) but one
different mesh for every frame. maybe someone else knows a solution for
this. i'm out ;-)

Regards Roman

Post a reply to this message

"Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> "RCRuiz" <ram### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > >
> > > What objects are you using to visualise the lava? blobs? try this:
> > > 1) apply one texture to every sphere instead of one texture for the whole
> > > blob
> > > 2) apply the texture to the spheres and translate them afterwards. that way
> > > the texture moves with the spheres
> > >
> > > Hope that helps
> > > Regards Roman
> >
> > Nope, I'n not using blobs , I make the Fluid Simulation in blender and
> > exported to Pov, so the object is a mesh, but every frame is a diferent
> > mesh, I will try with blobs if I do not have any other choice
> >
> > Thanks for the reply
>
> For a mesh uv_mapping would be the right solution but i don't know anything
> about the uv_mapping abilities of blender. i doubt this would work in this
> case anyway as this is not one mesh (with its vertices moving) but one
> different mesh for every frame. maybe someone else knows a solution for
> this. i'm out ;-)
>
> Regards Roman

No you right it did not work . Blender is very good with uvm but fluid
simulation becouse is regenerating the mesh it can nor control it :-( , But
thanks anyway