POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3d Studio Max 5 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  3d Studio Max 5 (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: ITM
Subject: 3d Studio Max 5
Date: 7 Oct 2005 13:40:01
Message: <web.4346b2c7372de32c3c3949170@news.povray.org>
I've searched all over the site and still cannot answer the question: does
POV-Ray support 3d studio max? Are there any conversions that I can make in
MAX that will allow me to bring it into POV-Ray? Or can I bring them (the
3ds Max files) into another program supported by POV-Ray. I really could
use a clear answer. Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

> I've searched all over the site and still cannot answer the question: does
> POV-Ray support 3d studio max? Are there any conversions that I can make in
> MAX that will allow me to bring it into POV-Ray? Or can I bring them (the
> 3ds Max files) into another program supported by POV-Ray. I really could
> use a clear answer. Thank you.

If you're using MS-Windows, you could try 3D-Win, the 3D file converter.
This link lists the conversions currently supported:

http://www.tb-software.com/format_info.html

N.Shea

Post a reply to this message

> I've searched all over the site and still cannot answer the question: does
> POV-Ray support 3d studio max? Are there any conversions that I can make in
> MAX that will allow me to bring it into POV-Ray? Or can I bring them (the
> 3ds Max files) into another program supported by POV-Ray. I really could
> use a clear answer. Thank you.

If 3DS Max can save to 3ds, obj or lwo you can use PoseRay to convert
your models into POV-Ray code.

http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

later,

FlyerX