POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3d Studio Max 5 : Re: 3d Studio Max 5 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d Studio Max 5
From: Stefan Persson
Date: 7 Oct 2005 16:20:54
Message: <4346d8a6$1@news.povray.org>
AFAIK, you must export it into the .3ds format. I haven't found
a converter yet that can do the .max files. .max being the native
file format for MAX.

Most people tend to use the .obj format instead though since
I understand that it's more stable. FlyerX probably has a better
explanation though since he probably has tinkered quite alot
with the bit n' pieces inside the different files. ;)

There are many free plugins for exporting from MAX out there.
I think, correct me if I'm wrong, that MAX didn't have Wavefront
built into it (.obj) before V6.

Stefan