POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Resources Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay Resources (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: MontanaSteve
Subject: PovRay Resources
Date: 21 Aug 2005 00:45:00
Message: <web.430805a9bb744de46010ccc00@news.povray.org>
There is a tremendous amount of dead links in the povray/resources/links.
Come on guys lets clean it up and up-date it.

Post a reply to this message

From: Rune
Subject: Re: PovRay Resources
Date: 21 Aug 2005 03:55:48
Message: <43083384$1@news.povray.org>
MontanaSteve wrote:
> There is a tremendous amount of dead links in the
> povray/resources/links. Come on guys lets clean it up
> and up-date it.

Who are you addressing? The problem is that mere users can't do *anything*
about it as far as I can see. There's no way to submit a new link or a
suggestion for a new link, nor to change existing ones. For example, there's
a link that points to a page of mine that went obsolete in 2002 when my
website moved to a new address. I have several times since pleaded in this
newsgroup that the link be updated, but have gotten no response whatsoever
and so the link has pointed to the wrong address for years.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com

>> There is a tremendous amount of dead links in the
>> povray/resources/links. Come on guys lets clean it up
>> and up-date it.
>
> Who are you addressing? The problem is that mere users can't do
> *anything* about it as far as I can see. There's no way to submit a
> new link or a suggestion for a new link, nor to change existing ones.

Well, it seems that deep buried on the TAG Mebers List page there's a
contact address regarding the links:

http://tag.povray.org/members.html#Tyler

It says:
If you would like to submit a link to a POV-Ray or 3D related resource you
may contact me at this e-mail address - lin### [at] povrayorg

So you might try that.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com

> Who are you addressing? The problem is that mere users can't do *anything*
> about it as far as I can see. There's no way to submit a new link or a
> suggestion for a new link, nor to change existing ones. For example, there's
> a link that points to a page of mine that went obsolete in 2002 when my
> website moved to a new address. I have several times since pleaded in this
> newsgroup that the link be updated, but have gotten no response whatsoever
> and so the link has pointed to the wrong address for years.

  I believe that the post for linkmaster is currently open. Would you
be willing to take the job?
  (Don't get me wrong: I'm not promising you the task if you want it
because I can't speak on behalf of the team in this case; I'm just
asking if you would be willing to take the task if the team offered
it to you. If so, I could consult with the team about the current
state of this issue.)

--

                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message