POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Outputing floating point or 32-bits per color frame data Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Outputing floating point or 32-bits per color frame data (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: nomail
Subject: Outputing floating point or 32-bits per color frame data
Date: 24 Aug 2004 10:50:00
Message: <web.412b54f6c8d1339356f1aef40@news.povray.org>
I've checked the documentation and don't see an easy way of doing this. What
I want to do is generate high precision data, such as 32-bit floating point
values per color. Is there a way to do this with vanilla POV-Ray?

Chris

Post a reply to this message

> I've checked the documentation and don't see an easy way of doing this. What
> I want to do is generate high precision data, such as 32-bit floating point
> values per color.

clipped ot not ?

> Is there a way to do this with vanilla POV-Ray?

IIRC PNG supports more than 8 bits per color.

ABX

Post a reply to this message