POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Outputing floating point or 32-bits per color frame data : Re: Outputing floating point or 32-bits per color frame data Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outputing floating point or 32-bits per color frame data
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Aug 2004 12:13:39
Message: <412b6933$1@news.povray.org>
nomail@nomail wrote:
> I've checked the documentation and don't see an easy way of doing this. What
> I want to do is generate high precision data, such as 32-bit floating point
> values per color. Is there a way to do this with vanilla POV-Ray?

POV-Ray supports 16 bit output in various formats for a long time and
MegaPOV 1.1 supports high dynamic range output in Radiance RGBE format.
32bit floating point output would only be completely portable in form of
an ASCII file format and that would not be useful for most purposes
(because extremely large).

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/