POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Clouds Don't Cast Shadow Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Clouds Don't Cast Shadow (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Clouds Don't Cast Shadow
Date: 13 May 2004 05:38:45
Message: <40a34225@news.povray.org>
"Sascha Ledinsky" <sas### [at] userssourceforgenet> schreef in bericht
> In some cases using one (or more) y planes will produce better looking
clouds
> than a sphere. And it's easy to animate too - you can translate the
texture in
> x/z to simulate wind and in y to make the clouds change their shape...
> -sascha

Or, alternatively, use different nested spheres, but squashed in the
y-direction. You can rotate the spheres too. Condition is that the spheres
be very large (and very squashed). Towards the horizon they look somewhat
better than planes.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message