POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another one--- film Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Another one--- film (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Robert LaMarca
Subject: Another one--- film
Date: 25 Nov 2003 20:40:02
Message: <web.3fc403b948787b4bd074241b0@news.povray.org>
Is there a way in POV Ray to make film like in a camera.  In other words, if
I created a lens, and aimed it at a plane.. for instance.... Is there some
kind of texture.. or something that could act like film.. record the image
that hits it.. so that this recorded image within the image might be used
to run as a projection in a later animation stage....?

Thanks .!

Robert

Post a reply to this message

 "Robert LaMarca" <rob### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Is there a way in POV Ray to make film like in a camera.  In other words, if
> I created a lens, and aimed it at a plane.. for instance.... Is there some
> kind of texture.. or something that could act like film.. record the image
> that hits it.. so that this recorded image within the image might be used
> to run as a projection in a later animation stage....?

No. You would have to render from the perspective of the film. If it's
to be used within the scene frame that's being rendered, you could use
the camera pigment patch in MegaPOV, but that won't save it for later
renders.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

Thanks very much for the quick reply.  I guess that answers that question.

I may try using an orthographic camera in the place of the film.  If this
does not work as I need it to, my next question:

 .. is there a way to put up a movie screen within the render.. which I
could then take an image of using a standard camera and grab that as an
output file...?

Thanks again..

Robert

Christopher James Huff wrote:
>In article <web.3fc403b948787b4bd074241b0[at]news.povray.org>,
> "Robert LaMarca" <rob### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way in POV Ray to make film like in a camera.  In other words, if
>> I created a lens, and aimed it at a plane.. for instance.... Is there some
>> kind of texture.. or something that could act like film.. record the image
>> that hits it.. so that this recorded image within the image might be used
>> to run as a projection in a later animation stage....?
>
>No. You would have to render from the perspective of the film. If it's
>to be used within the scene frame that's being rendered, you could use
>the camera pigment patch in MegaPOV, but that won't save it for later
>renders.
>
>Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>
>http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
>POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
>http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message