POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another one--- film : Re: Another one--- film Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another one--- film
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 26 Nov 2003 09:19:28
Message: <cjameshuff-7AF218.09182526112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3fc49e08740f305a7ae47060@news.povray.org>,
 "Robert LaMarca" <rob### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> I may try using an orthographic camera in the place of the film.  If this
> does not work as I need it to, my next question:
>
>  .. is there a way to put up a movie screen within the render.. which I
> could then take an image of using a standard camera and grab that as an
> output file...?

If you can see the movie screen, it will be in the output image...but
that's too obvious, and probably not what you're asking. There is no way
to "grab" light projected on a surface as an image, short of pointing
the camera at it.

Please...rather than guessing at different ways that *might* work and
asking if they are possible, why don't you just explain what you are
trying to accomplish? It sounds like you are trying to do forward
raytracing, where light is traced from the light sources, through the
scene, and into the camera. This is technically possible, but quite
infeasible: the number of rays required is simply too huge, and it takes
an extreme amount of time to generate an image.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/