POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : running povray from another program without bringing up interface Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  running povray from another program without bringing up interface (Message 7 to 16 of 26)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: running povray from another program without bringing up interface
Date: 5 Feb 2003 15:21:56
Message: <3E417264.A389CF2B@gmx.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> Before jumping to conclusions about potential wrongdoings and license
> violations, he may have legitimate reasons to do so.
> I'm launching POV-Ray from Access to create graphics for the database I'm
> running at work. I'm using the DOS version of POV-Ray 3.1 to avoid having
> the splash screen pop up every time I create a graphic (I've done 3000 of
> them so far). I'm the sole user, so I definitely don't hide to myself the
> fact that I'm using POV-Ray ;-)

You probably don't need the new features but you can also use the windows
console version of 3.5 or megapov for that purpose.

Christoph

Last updated 31 Dec. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

From: Harold
Date: 5 Feb 2003 18:06:43
Message: <3e419903@news.povray.org>
Gilles,
We are probably doing similar things. No doubt your
programing is much better and produces more sophisticated
graphs. I'll post a simple example in p.b.i., I'd be interested in
seeing what you are doing.

Harold

ps. I now work at a County rather than a University. They
will not let me install my own software, and they will not buy
any either. It took two weeks to get permission to install
POV-Ray!!
"Gilles Tran" <git### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message

> 3e4164ea@news.povray.org...
> > No.  Read the license.  That isn't allowed.
>
> Before jumping to conclusions about potential wrongdoings and license
> violations, he may have legitimate reasons to do so.
> I'm launching POV-Ray from Access to create graphics for the database I'm
> running at work. I'm using the DOS version of POV-Ray 3.1 to avoid having
> the splash screen pop up every time I create a graphic (I've done 3000 of
> them so far). I'm the sole user, so I definitely don't hide to myself the
> fact that I'm using POV-Ray ;-)
>
> G.
>

> --
> **********************
> http://www.oyonale.com
> **********************
> - Graphic experiments
> - POV-Ray and Poser computer images
> - Posters

Post a reply to this message

> You probably don't need the new features but you can also use the windows
> console version of 3.5 or megapov for that purpose.

That's what I told someone who asked me the same question ! But yes what I
do is so simple that even POV-Ray 1.0 could do it.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com