POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : running povray from another program without bringing up interface : Re: running povray from another program without bringing upinterface Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:12:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: running povray from another program without bringing upinterface
From: Mark Weyer
Date: 6 Feb 2003 08:24:29
Message: <3E4264E4.5030203@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
>>could anyone explain to me how I can run povray from an external program so
>>that povray will "silently" render the picture to a specified folder, but
>>have it so that the main povray interface does not become visible.
>

> No.  Read the license.  That isn't allowed.

1. It IS possible with the Unix version.
2. Povray would be rather useless (to me anyway)
    if it were not.
3. I just read the license and could not find
    what you meant.
    It should be in USAGE PROVISIONS, right?

So far I mostly used povray by call from other
programs. I made those programs (not including
povray) available to others. Was that wrong?
If so, I will have to look for another raytracer.

   Mark