POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : running povray from another program without bringing up interface : Re: running povray from another program without bringing upinterface Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: running povray from another program without bringing upinterface
From: Mark Weyer
Date: 6 Feb 2003 09:49:26
Message: <3E4278CD.4070607@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
> As far as I understand, if you haven't modified POV, and you aren't attempting
> to obscure POV's role in what you are doing, then you are okay.
>
> Of course, "obscure", is a slightly ambigous term - I would take it to mean (in
> your case) that the use of POV should feature prominently in the documentation
> of your apps., butwhaddaiknow?

Thank you. I never gave my modifications of povray to
anyone. There is no documentation to speak of but all
recipients know the role of povray in the application.
Until anybody tells me wrong I will assume that what I
do is OK.

However this discussion has had the effect of a
   decrease_key (find a replacement for povray or write one)
on my projects priority queue.

   Mark