POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : blummin Media headache again! Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:13:11 EDT (-0400)
  blummin Media headache again! (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Josh
Subject: blummin Media headache again!
Date: 1 Jul 2004 10:25:44
Message: <40e41ee8$1@news.povray.org>
Help before I climb the bell tower and start shooting!

please :-)

I have a simple radiosity scene, a cylinder with ambient 1 encased in a much
bigger cylinder filled with cylindrical media.  For some reason I cant
fathom, I cant see the media.  If there some setting that needs to be turned
on for radiosity and media to interact

Post a reply to this message

> Help before I climb the bell tower and start shooting!
>
> please :-)
>
> I have a simple radiosity scene, a cylinder with ambient 1 encased in a much
> bigger cylinder filled with cylindrical media.  For some reason I cant
> fathom, I cant see the media.  If there some setting that needs to be turned
> on for radiosity and media to interact

Make sure the container cylinder is hollow.
Media on should be in the radiosity block.
Try a constant density to rule out the cylindrical pattern as being  the
cause.

Post a reply to this message

And lo on Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:31:08 -0500, Mike Raiford
<mra### [at] hotmailcom> did spake, saying:

> Josh wrote:
>
>> Help before I climb the bell tower and start shooting!
>>  please :-)
>>  I have a simple radiosity scene, a cylinder with ambient 1 encased in
>> a much
>> bigger cylinder filled with cylindrical media.  For some reason I cant
>> fathom, I cant see the media.  If there some setting that needs to be
>> turned
>> on for radiosity and media to interact
>>

> Make sure the container cylinder is hollow.
> Media on should be in the radiosity block.
> Try a constant density to rule out the cylindrical pattern as being  the
> cause.

I thought media would only function with a light_source producing a ray to
sample along as stated in 6.8, AFAIK ambient, like emission, doesn't
produce light in this way even using radiosity.

--
Phil Cook

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.

Post a reply to this message