POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : blummin Media headache again! : Re: blummin Media headache again! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blummin Media headache again!
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Jul 2004 10:44:02
Message: <opsagq4xzuefp2ch@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:31:08 -0500, Mike Raiford
<mra### [at] hotmailcom> did spake, saying:

> Josh wrote:
>
>> Help before I climb the bell tower and start shooting!
>>  please :-)
>>  I have a simple radiosity scene, a cylinder with ambient 1 encased in
>> a much
>> bigger cylinder filled with cylindrical media.  For some reason I cant
>> fathom, I cant see the media.  If there some setting that needs to be
>> turned
>> on for radiosity and media to interact
>>

> Make sure the container cylinder is hollow.
> Media on should be in the radiosity block.
> Try a constant density to rule out the cylindrical pattern as being  the
> cause.

I thought media would only function with a light_source producing a ray to
sample along as stated in 6.8, AFAIK ambient, like emission, doesn't
produce light in this way even using radiosity.

--
Phil Cook

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.