POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : blummin Media headache again! : Re: blummin Media headache again! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blummin Media headache again!
From: Alain
Date: 1 Jul 2004 10:45:01
Message: <web.40e422ab5304920a620840b30@news.povray.org>
"Josh" <som### [at] microsoftcom> wrote:
> Help before I climb the bell tower and start shooting!
>
> please :-)
>
> I have a simple radiosity scene, a cylinder with ambient 1 encased in a much
> bigger cylinder filled with cylindrical media.  For some reason I cant
> fathom, I cant see the media.  If there some setting that needs to be turned
> on for radiosity and media to interact

For the radiosity to affect media, you need "media on" in the radiosity
block in the global_settings.
The cylindrical pattern have a radius of one (1), you have to scale it to
the radius of your big cylinder. Set your media as scattering and adjust
it's density if it's to light or dense. Also, the big cylinder need to have
the hollow attribute or no media will ever show inside of it.

Alain