POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: TorSpline.inc - create a smooth curve through a set of points using toruses. Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Announce: TorSpline.inc - create a smooth curve through a set of points using toruses. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Ronald L  Parker
Subject: Announce: TorSpline.inc - create a smooth curve through a set of points using toruses.
Date: 20 Jul 1998 14:57:56
Message: <35b37f7c.154545327@news.povray.org>
There used to be a program called torpatch.exe that could create a
smooth curve of toruses through an arbitrary list of points.  If you
know where to find it, you can still find a copy.  It was very nice
for creating arbitrary bent tubular objects like garden hoses, wires,
lamp cords, spirally-twisty glass tubes like those in a chemistry lab
(Ahem, IRTC participants) and so on.

Now, with macros and arrays in POV 3.1, you can do everything torpatch
could do and more without leaving your favorite POV editor.  Just
include my nifty new include file, #declare an array of points, and
invoke the cool new TorusSpline macro to create an object.

This amazing new include file is available from
http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/traces.html

What documentation there is (you don't really need much) is included
in the .inc file.

If you do anything cool with it, please drop me a line.  If you create
a picture that looks better than the ugly demo image I have now, I'll
even put it on the page (with proper credit, of course.)

If you add lots of neato options to it, let me know about that, too.
I'd be happy to incorporate them if they seem useful.

Post a reply to this message