POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: TorSpline.inc - create a smooth curve through a set of points using toruses. : Re: Announce: TorSpline.inc - create a smooth curve through a set of points using toruses. Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: TorSpline.inc - create a smooth curve through a set of points using toruses.
From: Ron Parker
Date: 21 Jul 1998 11:31:51
Message: <35b4a657.0@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998 17:43:10 GMT, Ronald L. Parker
<par### [at] mailfwicom> wrote:
>Now, with macros and arrays in POV 3.1, you can do everything torpatch
>could do and more without leaving your favorite POV editor.  Just
>include my nifty new include file, #declare an array of points, and
>invoke the cool new TorusSpline macro to create an object.
>
>This amazing new include file is available from
>http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/traces.html

There's a new version of this include file at the same address.  The previous
version would sometimes mess up the clipping planes while offsetting them to
avoid the coincident surfaces problem.  Also, the merge has been replaced by
a union because it wasn't working anyway and union is faster.  This means
that you can't use the splines for glass tubes, but you couldn't anyway due
to an apparent bug in POV-Ray.