POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: TorSpline.inc - create a smooth curve through a set of points using toruses. : Re: Announce: TorSpline.inc - create a smooth curve through a set of points using toruses. Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: TorSpline.inc - create a smooth curve through a set of points using toruses.
Date: 8 May 2002 07:57:53
Message: <f04idu0sismfojrkpk7adrnl41n3pc72gk@4ax.com>
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998 17:43:10 GMT, par### [at] mailfwicom (Ronald L. Parker)
wrote:
> This amazing new include file is available from
> http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/traces.html

I know, I know, that's veeery old post but if somebody will run it with 3.5
with first segment along StartVect then it refuses to parse becouse of "can't
normalize zero length vector" message. It helps when content of #else block of
first #if is replaced with:

  #local Axis=vcross((B-A),V);
  #if(vlength(Axis)!=0)
    #local Axis=vnormalize(vcross((B-A),V));
    #local Dir=vnormalize(vcross(V, Axis ));
    #local Cos=vdot(vnormalize(B-A), Dir);
    #local Radius=abs(.5*vlength(B-A)/Cos);
    #local Center=A+Radius*Dir;
  #else
    #local Cos=0;
  #end

btw1: page is not accessible
btw2: I wonder if it could be implemented as type of spline{} in 3.5

ABX