POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The slow part Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  The slow part (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: The slow part
Date: 25 Feb 2000 17:52:39
Message: <38b707b7@news.povray.org>
I discovered what was really slowing down my render, it's the part where my
isosurface intersects my media container. Is there a generalized reason for
this? or is it something that might be particular to my code which I am
embarrassed to show?

It slows down by a factor of 100 or so.

Post a reply to this message

> I discovered what was really slowing down my render, it's the part
> where my isosurface intersects my media container. Is there a
> generalized reason for this? or is it something that might be
> particular to my code which I am embarrassed to show?

Do you mean your media container is an intersection with an isosurface?
Or that your media container and the isosurface are occupying the same
region of space?
Does it occur with the media turned off? What shape is the container?
What trace level is it going up to(this should be in the rendering
statistics)?

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom

Post a reply to this message

"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote :

> Do you mean your media container is an intersection with an isosurface?

    No,

> Or that your media container and the isosurface are occupying the same
> region of space?

    Right, I have an isosurface which is sitting on top of and projecting
down into a media container.

> Does it occur with the media turned off?

    No.

> What shape is the container?

    Box.

> What trace level is it going up to(this should be in the rendering
> statistics)?

    Trace level? Under trace there is a "Quality" listing that says "9"...

Post a reply to this message