POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The slow part : Re: The slow part Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The slow part
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Feb 2000 06:54:03
Message: <chrishuff_99-7F87EE.06553126022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38b707b7@news.povray.org>, "Bill DeWitt"
<the### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> I discovered what was really slowing down my render, it's the part
> where my isosurface intersects my media container. Is there a
> generalized reason for this? or is it something that might be
> particular to my code which I am embarrassed to show?

Do you mean your media container is an intersection with an isosurface?
Or that your media container and the isosurface are occupying the same
region of space?
Does it occur with the media turned off? What shape is the container?
What trace level is it going up to(this should be in the rendering
statistics)?

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom