POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error message:points in polygon are not co-planar Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  Error message:points in polygon are not co-planar (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: robcad-user
Subject: Error message:points in polygon are not co-planar
Date: 27 Jan 2000 08:13:30
Message: <38904479.13D97AE8@stud.uni-sb.de>
Hello!
I have the error message points in polygon are not co-planar, what means
co-planar ? (example), what can I do to make them co-planar?

Alex

Post a reply to this message

From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 27 Jan 2000 08:51:57
Message: <38904d7d@news.povray.org>
robcad-user <alg### [at] studuni-sbde> wrote:
: Hello!
: I have the error message points in polygon are not co-planar, what means
: co-planar ? (example), what can I do to make them co-planar?

  It means that they are not located in the same plane.
  You could define your polygon with one of the components of all vectors
set to 0 and then rotate and translate it to its place.