POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error message:points in polygon are not co-planar : Re: Error message:points in polygon are not co-planar Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error message:points in polygon are not co-planar
From: Peter Popov
Date: 27 Jan 2000 09:06:14
Message: <a1CQOMw9toTn7rInMKWRhzGuKbf6@4ax.com>
On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:13:30 +0100, robcad-user <alg### [at] studuni-sbde>
wrote:

>Hello!
>I have the error message points in polygon are not co-planar, what means
>co-planar ? (example), what can I do to make them co-planar?
>
>Alex

It means they are not in the same plane. A polygon is a flat shape and
all its points must lie in the same plane. I don't know what polygon
you're trying to render, if you post the snippet of code that POV
chokes at it would be easier to locate the problem.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700