POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : realistic rendering in pov Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:37:06 EDT (-0400)
  realistic rendering in pov (Message 11 to 20 of 24)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Ken
Subject: Re: realistic rendering in pov
Date: 27 Jun 2000 00:48:45
Message: <39583140.7C651A21@pacbell.net>
daishi wrote:

> I was only trying to get the vase thing to look photorealistic. I think one
> of the problems might be is that the vase was just a massive triangle mesh
> (exported from rhino). I can't see anyway to construct it nativly in pov
> (and I wouldn't either, I do all my modelling in rhino these days)

Sors, Lathes, Prisms, While Loops, and CSG are our friends. They
can help you make some very realistic vases without having to
resort to a triangle mess.

From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 27 Jun 2000 02:44:32
Message: <39584DF5.DC57877D@aetec.ee>
ryan constantine wrote:

[Good advice]

I'd add illumination as one of keywords for realistic rendering: it can
make otherwise average picture outstanding (and vice versa, of course).

Post a reply to this message