POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : realistic rendering in pov : Re: realistic rendering in pov Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: realistic rendering in pov
From: Ron Parker
Date: 27 Jun 2000 12:04:26
Message: <slrn8lhkqn.tul.ron.parker@linux.parkerr.fwi.com>
On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:55:25 +0100, Tom Melly wrote:
>"daishi" <das### [at] x-pressnet> wrote in message
>> the main problem with 3d in general is that the scene/textures/anything
>are
>> to 'perfect' (most of my scenes I do do in 'hyper realism' though. its
>only
>> a few times I like to get the less then perfect 'real world')
>>

>I seem to remember coming across a tutorial/general discussion about making
>scenes realistically dirty and disorganised. The main example was a render
>of a workbench, but I can't track the link down in pov links (Ken?). Anyone
>know the link I'm after? (Ken?).

It's gone.  It was at serious3d.com, but they had some financial troubles
or something and are no more.  The tutorial you're thinking of was written
by Bill Fleming, whose home is at http://www.komodostudio.com/ .  He has
info there on his various books on photorealism, one of which is an
expanded version of the article you remember.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.