POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : boxes and other characters instead of my text.. Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  boxes and other characters instead of my text.. (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Psyco Dedman
Subject: boxes and other characters instead of my text..
Date: 12 Apr 1998 09:01:55
Message: <3530BB42.C0967A66@eint.com>
Ok, here's the problem:
When i render text with the text primitive, sometimes(usualy when i
first add the ttf file i use to my include dir) i get odd characters,
such as boxes(i.e. what's put in place of a non-existant character) and
other characters instead of the text string i put... i change the font
to one that i've used before, and it works just fine, and eventualy the
new font seems to work, but i dont' know why, and i can't usualy wait
for eventualy... Please reply via e-mail if possible... thanks.

--
"Don't ACT psychotic... BE psychotic!" - PsycoDeadMan and Chris Melton
"Everyone Will Die!" - PsycoDeadMan.

Post a reply to this message

Psyco Dedman (Psy### [at] eintcom) wrote:
: Ok, here's the problem:
: When i render text with the text primitive, sometimes(usualy when i
: first add the ttf file i use to my include dir) i get odd characters,
: such as boxes(i.e. what's put in place of a non-existant character) and
: other characters instead of the text string i put... i change the font
: to one that i've used before, and it works just fine, and eventualy the
: new font seems to work, but i dont' know why, and i can't usualy wait
: for eventualy... Please reply via e-mail if possible... thanks.

  I suppose you are using special characters (ascii code > 127) in the
texti. Not all ttf-files define all the characters. If you are using
windows, you can open the ttf-file with the character map program
and see if it defines all the characters you want.

--
                                                              - Warp. -

Post a reply to this message