POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : boxes and other characters instead of my text.. : Re: boxes and other characters instead of my text.. Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: boxes and other characters instead of my text..
From: Twyst
Date: 12 Apr 1998 18:13:17
Message: <6grb09$ak6$1@oz.aussie.org>

>  I suppose you are using special characters (ascii code > 127) in the
>texti. Not all ttf-files define all the characters. If you are using
>windows, you can open the ttf-file with the character map program
>and see if it defines all the characters you want.
>
>--
>                                                              - Warp. -

Actully, I seem to get the same problem, and I'm using valid characters.
They even show up in Moray for Windows, but when I render, I get the boxes
and garbage as well. I have found a way around it, tho.. I just use Font3D,
and import into Moray. I does take longer to parse, tho. :(

EFnet and NewNet #povray Channel Operator
Website: http://twyst.home.ml.org
E-Mail: twy### [at] v-wavecom