POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Rendering problem Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering problem (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: hughes, b
Subject: Re: Rendering problem
Date: 23 Oct 2002 01:51:07
Message: <3db638cb@news.povray.org>
"Justace Clutter" <pro### [at] corpranetnet> wrote in message
> I am trying to get render a frame with a wave function built in it.  The
> function is the specific solution after seperation of variables was done.
> Anyway all that is irrelelvant.  When I try to render the frame it just
> sits there and does nothing.  the povray process accums time but does not
> do anyhing and I have to kill it with a sig 9 to get it to exit.  I use
> Linux if you have not already guessed.  Any information on this would be
> wonderfull.

Maybe more information given first... Have you narrowed it down to just the
isosurface causing the problem. I recall rendering incredibly slow
isosurfaces, for whatever the reason about them, which I'd have thought
wasn't rendering anything.

If you post the isosurface part of your scene file, if that is all that
could be the problem, then it might help people offer advice about it.

I don't know how the Linux one differs but if it can crash the program and
not show a sign of error then something could be wrong with POV itself. But
maybe it's sort of looping on some calculation.
--
Farewell,
Bob

Post a reply to this message