POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Rendering problem : Re: Rendering problem Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering problem
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Oct 2002 03:48:35
Message: <3db65453@news.povray.org>
In article <3db62bce@news.povray.org> , Justace Clutter
<pro### [at] corpranetnet>  wrote:

> I am trying to get render a frame with a wave function built in it.  The
> function is the specific solution after seperation of variables was done.
> Anyway all that is irrelelvant.  When I try to render the frame it just
> sits there and does nothing.  the povray process accums time but does not
> do anyhing and I have to kill it with a sig 9 to get it to exit.  I use
> Linux if you have not already guessed.  Any information on this would be
> wonderfull.

Please do not post attachments in these groups.  If your scene is short,
just put it in the message body.  Attachments belong in "binaries" or "text"
groups.  Please do not multi-post either.

Please read the messages in povray.anncounce.frequently-asked-questions for
posting guidelines in these groups.

As far as you problem is concerned, remember that ray-tracing can take very
long.  It is unlikely that POV-Ray just runs and does nothing.  You may want
to turn verbose progress reporting on (read the manual if you don't know how
to do this).

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg