POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Rendering problem : Re: Rendering problem Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering problem
From: hughes, b
Date: 23 Oct 2002 14:19:09
Message: <3db6e81d@news.povray.org>
Sorry, I hadn't noticed there was a file attached since they aren't expected
in this group.

I don't know the sum() function but I got it to render by using sum(n,
0, -1, -1*((40/(n*pi))), reasoning that it wasn't able to deal with the
positive value and the negative equation together. Like I said though, I
just don't know this function. It does seem to be rendering when left
unchanged, POV was telling me it was doing 220PPH 3 minutes into it and was
steadily decreasing in speed. Anyway, it isn't the Linux version causing a
problem.

Maybe this discussion needs to get back to the advanced group, but please
cancel both your original posts if you can; and like Thorsten, said put the
scene file text into the message body.

--
Farewell,
Bob