POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to? light_source shining through a wall Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:38:32 EDT (-0400)
  How to? light_source shining through a wall (Message 11 to 20 of 30)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: How to? light_source shining through a wall
Date: 9 Nov 2017 03:23:17
Message: <5a041075$1@news.povray.org>
On 9-11-2017 7:40, Kenneth wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>

>> You almost had it: Light_group of object and light_source, ALONG WITH
>> no_shadow for the wall.
>>

> Hmm, for your real scene, I think there is still a problem: How to get your wall
> to cast its own shadows from other lights in the scene. With my test set-up, it
> doesn't do that, as the wall is necessarily made no_shadow in order to work
> correctly :-/
>
> I tried adding an identical NO_IMAGE wall into the light_group (without the
> no_shadow tag), but that doesn't work-- this extra wall again blocks the light
> to the sphere object.
>
> My past use of this set-up never needed the 'wall object' to cast its own shadow
> (I was shining a light up through a no_shadow height_field.) I wish I could
> suggest a workable solution...

It doesn't matter. I am still going to study your little test scene as
it provides some interesting possibilities. Thanks indeed for your
effort though.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 9 Nov 2017 07:37:50
Message: <5a044c1e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.11.2017 um 07:08 schrieb Kenneth:

>> Did you try no_<https://youtu.be/_euDhMDDRq4>?
>
> That video is blocked in the U.S. :-(  It probably contains confidential State
> Secrets...

British State secrets, if anything.

Nothing spectacular to see though. Just substitute any audio copy of
Mike Oldfield's "shadow on the wall" ;)

Post a reply to this message