POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to? light_source shining through a wall Server Time
28 Mar 2024 22:08:22 EDT (-0400)
  How to? light_source shining through a wall (Message 1 to 10 of 30)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: How to? light_source shining through a wall
Date: 8 Nov 2017 07:36:11
Message: <5a02fa3b$1@news.povray.org>
Consider the following setup:

- a camera
- an object in front of the camera
- a solid/non-transparant wall behind the object
- a light_source behind the wall

Now, for some arcane reason, I want the light_source to shine on the
object while the wall remains visible to the camera.

I first thought of a light_group {} with object and light_source in it,
but the wall still blocks the light.

Any smart idea? I am sure it should be possible and I have the nagging
feeling that it has been done before.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Am 08.11.2017 um 13:36 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> Consider the following setup:
>
> - a camera
> - an object in front of the camera
> - a solid/non-transparant wall behind the object
> - a light_source behind the wall
>
> Now, for some arcane reason, I want the light_source to shine on the
> object while the wall remains visible to the camera.
>
> I first thought of a light_group {} with object and light_source in it,
> but the wall still blocks the light.
>
> Any smart idea? I am sure it should be possible and I have the nagging
> feeling that it has been done before.

Did you try no_<https://youtu.be/_euDhMDDRq4>?

Post a reply to this message