POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to? light_source shining through a wall : Re: How to? light_source shining through a wall Server Time
24 Apr 2024 13:39:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to? light_source shining through a wall
From: Kenneth
Date: 9 Nov 2017 01:45:00
Message: <web.5a03f877fad04db289df8d30@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> You almost had it: Light_group of object and light_source, ALONG WITH
> no_shadow for the wall.

Hmm, for your real scene, I think there is still a problem: How to get your wall
to cast its own shadows from other lights in the scene. With my test set-up, it
doesn't do that, as the wall is necessarily made no_shadow in order to work
correctly :-/

I tried adding an identical NO_IMAGE wall into the light_group (without the
no_shadow tag), but that doesn't work-- this extra wall again blocks the light
to the sphere object.

My past use of this set-up never needed the 'wall object' to cast its own shadow
(I was shining a light up through a no_shadow height_field.) I wish I could
suggest a workable solution...