POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Solidifying a Mesh Object Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:36:53 EDT (-0400)
  Solidifying a Mesh Object (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Solidifying a Mesh Object
Date: 19 Aug 2017 03:04:57
Message: <5997e319$1@news.povray.org>
Intention:

Using the "Difference" function to create caves and tunnels inside a
square-shaped piece of Martian surface (a hollow mesh object).

What are your solutions, to transfer what is now a mesh, into a solid
object. I believe these objects need to be solid, in order to create
caves and tunnels through Difference into that body.

---
http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message

On 19-8-2017 8:04, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Intention:
>
> Using the "Difference" function to create caves and tunnels inside a
> square-shaped piece of Martian surface (a hollow mesh object).
>
> What are your solutions, to transfer what is now a mesh, into a solid
> object. I believe these objects need to be solid, in order to create
> caves and tunnels through Difference into that body.

Once thing you can do is an intersection with a slightly smaller box in
the horizontal directions, and as deep as you want downward. This
creates the subterranean world.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message