POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wanted: Air and Water Server Time
26 Apr 2024 06:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Wanted: Air and Water (Message 1 to 10 of 51)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Wanted: Air and Water
Date: 10 Feb 2016 21:35:27
Message: <56bbf36f@news.povray.org>
Hi,

does anyone have a realistic way to simulate air and water?

For the air, it should make everything fading in distance to a air blue
and behave in all other ways also like atmosphere.

And the water should have transparency that becomes more bluish in
distance, simply like real water, too.

I intend to use both inside a cylinder, where the air would be in the
shape of a cylinder, and the water in the shape of a difference
(cylinder/cylinder).

Thanks a lot for your help.

Post a reply to this message

On 11-2-2016 3:35, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone have a realistic way to simulate air and water?
>
> For the air, it should make everything fading in distance to a air blue
> and behave in all other ways also like atmosphere.
>
> And the water should have transparency that becomes more bluish in
> distance, simply like real water, too.
>
> I intend to use both inside a cylinder, where the air would be in the
> shape of a cylinder, and the water in the shape of a difference
> (cylinder/cylinder).
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.

The keyword for both is: media.

If you want to learn about POV-Ray, I suggest you first experiment
deeply with the technique involved and then show us the results
(successes and failures).

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message