POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MELT Server Time
19 May 2024 11:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  MELT (Message 10 to 19 of 19)
From: scott
Subject: Re: MELT
Date: 22 Dec 2015 04:54:38
Message: <56791dde$1@news.povray.org>
> - Two cylinders of different radii R_1 and R_2, intersecting each other
> (perpendicular and with intersecting axes, for starters), with a
> "melting" inset radius of R_i.
>
> - Three planes intersecting each others (perpendicular, for starters),
> with different radii for the "melting" insets between the pairs, R_i_1,
> R_i_2 and R_i_3. Of course the corner where the three planes meet is
> also expected to be smooth.
>
> This might give you a /basic/ idea of the fundamental challenges involved.

The above are both a piece of cake for CAD software (see images
attached) - but I hate to imagine the maths/algorithms behind this.
Hopefully the images backup the idea that this would be *hard* to do in
the general case.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'croppercapture[46].png' (96 KB) Download 'croppercapture[47].png' (53 KB)

Preview of image 'croppercapture[46].png'
croppercapture[46].png

Preview of image 'croppercapture[47].png'
croppercapture[47].png